VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am about to take delivery of my very first Caravelle. Well, when I say about to, I should clarify that I've just been granted one on the Motability scheme, and will have to wait about 18 weeks before all the paperwork/adaptations will be completed. But I'm very excited! A:

I have to order the vehicle officially in about two weeks, then it goes off to the adapters. But I can't make my mind up about colours. Should I go with Toffee Brown or Samoa Red? I've seen the Toffee in the flesh, on a demo vehicle. But I've only seen the Samoa on one of those plastic strips in the showoom. No local dealers have one for me to look at. Does anyone here have that colour? Is it a deep aubergine?

Also, I'm having a rear bench seat and read on a website (it might have been here, I've been perusing the 'net for days and can't remember where I've been!) that the bench folds flat to form a double bed. Is that right? What is it like to sleep on? Is it easy to unfold/fold?

And I've got to ask, sorry! But what do you all do for the loo if you go away 'roughing' it for a few days?

(And now I can hear a few of you muttering 'dizzy by name, dizzy by flippin nature!')

Cheers!
dizzy

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Hello mate and welcome to the forum T: that motability scheme they bought in is the best thing they ever introduced! I never knew Vw was part of it though!!!! A:
Any way mate, I've not seen any in those colours sorry but both sound good!! And if you go camping, most camp sites have toilets or you can buy chemical toilets from your local outdoor / camping shop!!! Not sure about the the folding bench beds either as I only have a panel van :*
Good luck in getting the van and remember to post pics when you get it, show us the colour you went for!! T:
*<:)>

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Hi everyone!

I am about to take delivery of my very first Caravelle. Well, when I say about to, I should clarify that I've just been granted one on the Motability scheme, and will have to wait about 18 weeks before all the paperwork/adaptations will be completed. But I'm very excited! A:
Make sure that you do - I'm not too certain about how may effect the maximum Advance Payment of £2,000 which comes in on 01/01/2012

As for Toffee Brown - yes, it a popular colour but something tells me it will be a bit "faddish" & not very popular in the future.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Backs of standard bench seats fold flat to make more room for long loads or to use as a sort of table top, not sure they would make a good bed. Welcome to forum BTW

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi

The bench folds flat and the middle chairs fold forward and slide up against the bench to make it easily long enough for a bed (head end at back window with pillows on the headrests)

Its a pretty good bed!!. I use a thermo-rest camping mattress to smooth it a bit (there is not enough height to use a proper blow up camping mattress.

If you did not have the middle chairs in for more space you might make up a box for the boot that is the same height as the folded bench and so extend the bed that way instead. You could then fit swivels to the front seats to give more lounge area

I regularly camp for a weekend in my Caravelle and love it (cook out of the back using the tailgate as a rain cover. The residual heat heater is ace to get the van warm when you arrive at the campsite

My brother in-law made sliver screens out of B&Q sliver bubbly insulating stuff for his Caravelle to make it more dark but I have not bothered and just wake up early when it gets light.

Happy camping :)

Andy

·
Registered
489 Posts
oh and camp near a pub to save on the cooking and use their loos. Some will let you stay in their carpark if you ask nicely and buy your meal / beer there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts