VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Been sourcing the forum for a while now for advice and many thanks for the all information in my search for a T4.

Unfortunately I'm still unsuccessful in my pursuit. I've been hunting for about 4 months now looking in the classifieds on here, ebay, gumtree and van trader. The closest to buying was winning a yellow ex aa 2.5tdi on ebay, only to find out in was a cat c write off through a hpi check which the seller failed to disclose. I was gutted as it ticked all the boxes but it just wasn't worth the risk in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm looking for a swb t4 2.5 tdi in either yellow, blue or black and preferably with barn doors. It can be either the 88 or 102bhp model and must be under the my £3000 budget. I know on that money it will be pretty basic but that's what I'm after as it will be used for surf trips and days out with my golden Labrador. I'm not after a camper conversion. Anybody selling or know anything please pm or reply to the thread. Hopefully the T4 will be in Wales anywhere along the m4 or would consider Bristol or Bath.

Many thanks from sunny Wales!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, thanks for the welcome.

You've had some amazing vans from your albums. If I'm not mistaken, you've been to Newgale campsite?

·
Registered
214 Posts
don't give up, I was looking for a t4 for over 2 years and I was just about to give up when on a off chance I found mine a month ago, and for all the same as you, surf and walking my black lab monty. 2.5 tdi's are good and nippy but not the be all and end all of the t4 world, I got a 2.4d non turbo and more then happy with it. a 1.9td's not bad at all, it dose take time to find the right one but you will get there. keep looking keep surfing

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi fellow taff .. now that silly season is coming to an end availability and prices will be better , good luck with your search , mine still puts a smile on my face despite spending more time under it ....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do have faith your Dragon Wagon is out there - I got amazing help from this site and found a great van... flying the colours as we speak and looking forward to the next Newgale meet...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got a 2.5tdi T4, blue and with barn doors. All what I wanted and only 130k on the clock.

Been to the garage already for a check up and it's mint, only brake pads needed changing.

Pics to follow :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
took us around 12 months to find the right bus as the misses had a list of wants and dont wants but we found ours just over a week ago and so our journey begins glad you found one

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The pump and belts were only done 5k ago so that's peace of mind and a money saver. After the brake pads, the 1st thing I've purchased was a gear stick extension with the pool ball.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts