VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just introducing myself as expect I will be using this forum a lot from now on 馃憤
On saturday I decided to bite the bullet and buy my first T4, being the sensible person that I am, i sold my family car and bought a 26 year old t4 an old one and a slow one. It's pretty good condition really considering its age and mileage runs and drives fine. rusty arches and a hole in the step but no major issue yet (but only done 150 miles in it so far)

Attached a photo of how she looks at the moment. I expect I will end up doing a build thread in the next few weeks as things progress!

In the meantime I will be reading up here whilst I tinker 馃憤馃槑

Premium Member
Welcome aboard, one of the best things you'll have ever done is buy a transporter, look forward to seeing your progress (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, it looks nice enough but not without its problems, sorry I mean challenges

My plan is to fix the windscreen and do the rusty arches and the small hole on the step and keep it simple at 1st. Its registered as a caravelle so I will probably whack some seats in the back. I will be taking out the bulk head and having some captains chairs at some point.

I'm into climbing and mountain biking so will predominantly be used as space to sleep and eat, as well as weekend shopping trips 馃槃

I do urgently need to install a differnt steering wheel, as It has the original one the size of an old metal bin lid 馃ぃ
And speakers and a bluetooth head unit are needed as it has a tape deck and radio that plays through one speaker and is stuck on mega loud.

馃憤

Premium Member
Doesn't sound to bad as a starting list, this will however grow and grow the more you tinker, but it's all fun (y)
I'm converting my van so I can chuck a bike in and go cycling and short stay camping once we're allowed of course.
Have a butchers through the build threads, plenty of ideas in there that you may not have thought of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts