VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm Alice and I'm a newbie here, great to find this resource! I'm trying sell my dad's 1992 T4 since he can't drive it anymore and I'd like it to go to a good home. I understand I can't advertise it on here until I've had ten posts though, right? But I don't want to clog up the message boards with any old nonsense for the sake of it... Is there a (respectful, allowed, and not annoying!) way to get around this?

Much love to the T4 community and all power to the right to protest,
Alice

·
Registered
12,038 Posts
Hello Alice and welcome , just tell us a little about your dads van and maybe a few pics etc and you'll soon be at the magic post count ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh really? Wow well it's a sweet old thing, it's a goer, but it's also a project, in that it probably needs to go to someone who's going to give it all the TLC over the years that an elderly vehicle needs...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 1992, K-reg, pale blue 1.0 diesel. I was owned by a mechanic and van fanatic and then my dad had it and actually used it partly to take my mum places after she was confined to a wheelchair, so it has the option of included wheelchair ramp if needed, and the straps are in there for a wheelchair

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weirdly through some fluke or whatever it's super cheap to insure, it has three seats (bench style) in the back and three in the front and the insurance comes out less than on my little car. It's also only about 11p a mile to run

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has windows all the way around (one of them is cracked) and the sliding side door kind of disconnects if you don't open it right, I think it needs one of those 'runner kits' or whatever they're called.... the back bumper is cracked... the cd player skips... it has a small oil leak which has never got worse and two small leaks into the cab so that rain can sometimes come in... the paintwork is a bit tatty... but it's a lovely van!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aaannnnnd it's got a full year MOT!!! And a lovely folding bed made by a musician. What more could you want?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yes and mileage: it's got 237k on the clock, but the engine that's in it has only done about 110k. It was a recon put in about ten years ago

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And once I have enough chat on here, where do I post it with a proper spec and price so more people can see? Thanks so much for the help!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you have a figure in mind what your looking to get for it. Thats is an old bus, there's a few issues also, but fixable and for the right person would be a great project.
Yeah that's what I think, for the right person it's a dream -- and actually since it's had lots done in the last year or so and the MOT and all I reckon it's a good buy. I'm asking £3200 for it on here, Gumtree and FB marketplace.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah that's what I think, for the right person it's a dream -- and actually since it's had lots done in the last year or so and the MOT and all I reckon it's a good buy. I'm asking £3200 for it on here, Gumtree and FB marketplace.
Would be really interesting to hear if people think that's a fair price -- or more to the point, a price I will get! I am selling it for my dad who can no longer use it and has spent a fair bit of money getting it MOT'd and all that so I want to get him a decent price, but I don't want to get stuck with it.... Any advice appreciated!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Would be really interesting to hear if people think that's a fair price -- or more to the point, a price I will get! I am selling it for my dad who can no longer use it and has spent a fair bit of money getting it MOT'd and all that so I want to get him a decent price, but I don't want to get stuck with it.... Any advice appreciated!
should've said, I've had it on Gumtree and FB marketplace for a couple of weeks now and here and not getting enquiries really (this is probably oversharing and will lead to someone offering me 100 quid for it lol)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts