VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Wow! I can't believe how happy I am to come across such a fantastic resource!

So. I am about to buy this in Calgary, Canada.

82,300 km
$3500 CAD

It seems like I have hit the jackpot? From what I hear, these bad boys last a long time?

I took it for a test drive, it feels great. "A commanding view of the road"... as they say.
https://youtu.be/UznGIpyfqBc?t=7m40s

I am just waiting for the inspection, should be mine by early next week.
Comments, concerns?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I don't know what you guys use on the roads in winter. If it's salt, then I would check underneath and make sure there's not acres of rust lurking under a bodged underseal jobby.

Then look through any invoices etc the seller has and make sure the mileage "fits" with the servicing records. Check basics like brakes not pulling, wandering steering, suspension clatter etc.

Which engine? Diesel or gas?

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what you guys use on the roads in winter. If it's salt, then I would check underneath and make sure there's not acres of rust lurking under a bodged underseal jobby.

Then look through any invoices etc the seller has and make sure the mileage "fits" with the servicing records. Check basics like brakes not pulling, wandering steering, suspension clatter etc.

Which engine? Diesel or gas?

Cheers
I bought it! So happy :) ! T:

Gas engine, 4 cyl. Gas here is about 90 cents per litre, diesel at 84 cents, so they are normally quite close - as far as I've noticed at least.

I checked, all looks good! Thanks for the advice :)
Yes we use salt here, a bunch! I will make sure to regularly spray underneath and give it a great bi-weekly clean in winter.

The invoices check out as well, I appreciate the tips!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts