VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just joined the forum as I'm on the look out for a T4, either with at least 6 seats or more, or a transporter to add seats. Just after a few tips on what to look for, if I buy a transporter how easy is it to add seats in the rear etc... I have £1000 cash saved, which I know won't buy me much.

Chalky

Chalky

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
Dead easy to fit seats mate, have bunged a removable double bench in mine, just need mushroom bolts and plates from vw, quite cheap. then drill through and bolt em in. :ILU:

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum, keep saving and good luck with your search for a van. T:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,

I've found a Caravelle for sale but it has a few issues:

• Rear heater matrix was leaking but they have disconnected and now there is water leaking from the from behind the engine.
  • Some gauges on the instrument panel do not work (petrol gauge, rev counter)

It's also a K reg, petrol, auto and done 125k miles.

Any thoughts???

Many thanks,

Chalky

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good evening All,

Just got back from a day out and saw the caravelle that I have mentioned before.

Definitely water leaking from the behind the engine as the coolant bottle is bone dry after 10 mins of running. The caravelle starts and drives ok with no mis-fire or uneven running. The water starts to show its appearance behind the gear box lower to the floor, but is clear.

As mentioned before, the rear AX Heater has been disconnected (water wise), due to water building up within the heater compartment. So the water connection still has a loop to circulat.

The oil cap is bone dry, but the oil funnel does have a creamy mixture, which I would of thought being an indication of the head gasket, but as mentioned above the car runs fine, no lack of power, starts on the turn etc...

Any advice welcomed, obviously I don't wan’a buy a vehicle that is gon’a cost me an "arm and a leg".

Many thanks

Chalky

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
my m8 has one for sale its just passed an m.o.t its on an m plate needs a new back window in pooleT:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts