VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Do I happen to have joined on the very same day you've just had a big forum upgrade?

I own an 8 seater 2004 VW T5 1.9TDI LWB, I bought it in June last year as we run a small business offering mountain bike guiding and holidays so we often need to transport people about the mountains. In the winter we strip out all the seats and put in a fairly basic home made camper conversion - bed, kitchen area and storage.

I thought I would join as I am very much a DIYer, for reasons of keeping the cost down (garages are insanely expensive in Norway) and for the satisfaction of learning how to do it. I am often online looking for help on how to do things, on many occasions i've ended up on threads on this forum which have helped. I thought I would join here as a place to ask questions when I get stuck, I'm not too sure how much I can contribute since I'm a relative novice with most things car related.

I never thought I would do any car mechanics in my life but since buying this car i've done a bunch of simple things like changing pads, rotors, replacing wheel bearings etc.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Welcome aboard Will, yes you happened to join as we're going through an upgrade. You'll have to bear with us as the site isn't quite as easy to navigate as it was, should hopefully be resolved soon enough.

Sounds like a great set up with your van, I'm currently building my rear to allow for storage and mtb housing / transporting. Be interesting to see how you mount the bikes in your van?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one! I'm sorry to give you a boring response but we build the whole of the back into a camper and then just use a tow ball mountain Thule bike rack to transport the bikes. We never leave them unattended on the back though and sleep with a few locks on them!

·
Premium Member
2,478 Posts
Nice one! I'm sorry to give you a boring response but we build the whole of the back into a camper and then just use a tow ball mountain Thule bike rack to transport the bikes. We never leave them unattended on the back though and sleep with a few locks on them!
Are you member of the local forum in Norway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts