VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Were new to the forum, and new to VW Ownership. We've owned a shhhh BONGO, for the last seven years and have been lucky enough to upgrade to a T5. Only just found our base, silver, LWB panel van this week. To be collected next week we hope.
Were also lucky enougth to be having it converted for us, just picking a converter at present.

LOADS of questions to ask ! but looks like we have found the right place. Cheers. Simon

·
Registered
228 Posts
"Areight" from a fellow Sheffielder ;)
I don't live in the steel city anymore unfortunately :( but I still regard it as the best city in the land!

This forum has provided me with a wealth of invaluable info. the folks on here know loads. It rocks! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,

Also just bought a silver 56 swb T32 1.9 (102 ) combi I wish to convert. Being local , which conversion companies are you considering?

Derek

·
Registered
734 Posts
Welcome to the forum Simon!
I too have just bought a T5 after several years of T4 ownership. Hope you enjoy the forum, it's certainly the place to be if you need advice, guidance or inspiration! Remember to get some pics on after you pick her up!
Stick.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All,

Hope to make some Sheffield contacts, seen a few around Stannington where I'm based.

Hi Derek, We really like Tim from GT Campers, had a lot of good referals and his work, although not the most modern compared to SCC, NWCC etc is really top quality... I don't think he cuts any corners.

Cheers.

Simon.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Eh up and naah then!

Not from Sheffield originally, I'm originally from the North West, but have lived here 22 years now so almost gone native. T:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
naah then ;-)

Simular here, from Donny, lived in Marple until 19, then moved to Sheffield in 1990, so now twenty X years later starting to be accepted as local ;-)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi mate I'm down in Chesterfield, have you looked at Hillside leisure in Derby, fairly expensive but top notch conversions. Only use RIB and SCA and other quality components. Worth a look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Simon
Also very new to forum and have owned a T5 combi from new for 2 years now and going in to New wave custom conversions in Janurary for a complete
makeover, well worth a look if your thinking of a conversion, really nice people and the best conversion we could find.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks mate, yeah been up to GT campers - work looks good!

I want electrics/ carpet lining / RIB bed (full width) and a kitchen pod behind drivers seat . In a perfect world!

Pick my van up Friday, can't wait!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Was a student in Sheff during the late 80's ... best city in the UK :D All these years later I still miss the place :eek:

Are Isabela's and Cairo Jacks night clubs still open I:

Hopefully be up there next year for Le Tour - should be loads of dubbers around for that :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Simon ,I am also new to the world of the T5 after owning a For Freda /Mazda Bongo for five years .We bought our van locally and are putting .ours to be converted to Autohaus in three weeks time .Last year we went to the Birmingham motor and caravan show which is on again in mid October .There are loads of VW conversion companies on show there .They all look fantastic but it was between Rolling Homes and Autohaus for us with Three Bridges Campers close behind .I have been dealing with Autohaus over the internet and phone so far and have been fantastic ,As i was saying it goes down in three weeks time then getting it back mid November so after that i am hoping i can rate them for you and send pictures if interested.
Hope this helps Beavis

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are Isabela's and Cairo Jacks night clubs still open !!!

I think both long gone, Cairo's was the first club I ever went to in Sheffield. I ended up running and DJing at the Locarno (then Palais) on London road ;-)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi ya si. Welcome to the world of money pits. :)*well thats what i call my van......a money pit) I live in sheffield and my name is simon too :eek:. Does anyone know is there a T4/T5 meeting in sheffield?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Are Isabela's and Cairo Jacks night clubs still open !!!

I think both long gone, Cairo's was the first club I ever went to in Sheffield. I ended up running and DJing at the Locarno (then Palais) on London road ;-)
Wasn't Locarno that pink place at the end of London Road, opposite the kebab shops?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts