VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Thought would say hello and introduce myself I recently joined your little community and hope I have done the right thing.
For many years I was a hardcore T2 van owning a view bays finally having getting my ultimate 21 window Samba splitscreen with 2.3 engine, a BWA bus Just loved this bus, but have now just sold it. I am looking to move to T4's.
I loved the splitscreen the plus points was so cool such a good feed back from kids right through to pensioners, loads of waves and smiles from all types of drivers.
The downside was it was so much money I darn't park it in town or leave it anywhere scared of vandals or nicked, wife hated it was too bumby too noisy, no heating, can't use it in winter, (we had about 5 good days of sunny weather last year). Takes so much looking after. After seeing T4's at shows and talking to other owners who have moved on to them thought it was time, so this week the splitty was sold and i am going to view a few t4's.
The worry is that t4's wont give me the smile factor when driving, no one will wave and smile, I know the scene is getting bigger but worried I will look like the local builder!!!!
I will let you know how I go any info on what to look for bad points etc on a T4 much appreciated, I live up in the Yorkshire Dales so are there any local meets etc, maybe should arrnage a little get together T4 in the Dales just thoughts.
This forum looks really good and was a big help, reading the posts was a factor in pursuading me to move to the T4, and also I asked myself what would have Elvis done and he would have definatly got a T4.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
got some tiling that needs doing and some rubbish needs taking to the tipI:

only messing mate, Think you made the right choice, what fun is a vehicle if your that worried bout using it! The van is for you to enjoy, sure it's nice when people admire your ride - makes you feel proud, you can still get a lovely t4, just take a look around this site!

With a bit of modding here and there, you can completely take it away from the builder van look, i bet a damn site cheaper than a splitty.

Once you get in your own t4, enjoy the warmth, versatility, fuel economy, ruggedness, not as rustability (if thats a word!) as an older bus - you'll be convincedT:

Plus if you do hate the t4 and miss the splitty for the rest of your life, there would be one retaining factor - silence. As in you wouldn't have earache from your better half:D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Your right about the amount of love that you'll receive on the road (ex bay & T25 owner here)
Doesn't even scratch the surface.....But my T4 has surpassed all the negatives which come from moving up to the modern world..I'm not disappointed & to be honest, I will never go back now.T:T:

That's my pennies worth:ILU:For what it's worth:ILU:

Welcome & the best of luck in finding a good T4:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind words going to view my first T4 this evening, just got the cash through for my splitty I suppose I can pay off some debt hopefully get a van soon as her in doors is already spending the money!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you will love it when you got one, comfort, heater, gearstik that goes where it should and a extra gear, power steering, lots of room, and a great forum to get lots of ideas and info. :ILU:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts