VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm a new T4 owner, just picked her up last week. She is a LWB, 2.5TDi panel van.

Am intending to convert some of it myself in stages to keep the costs down. Ideally want a slightly wider bed than the smaller 3/4, which we had in our T5 van and found too small (Am 6ft 2" tall). What's everyones opinions on beds, sizes, types etc? I've been looking at the Rib altairs but they'll blow my budget. If anyone is selling something comfortable and in brilliant nick let me know.

Am going to carpet line it myself and am currently wheel shopping.

Just wanted to say hello and if anyone knows of any useful guides, resources or books then can recommend please do! The build is a bit daunting and I don't really know where to start!

Wheel shopping at the moment

Thinking about these

or these ALLOY WHEELS X 4 18" CANDY RED FOR 5X112 VW TIGUAN TOURAN SCIROCCO TRANSPORTER | eBay

She's a white van so think both will go. Plan on having red accents in the interior.

Attachments

Premium Member
Vito's will 100% be your best bet to go with.
For one load rated for the van and the colour looks amazing! Will really look nice on the plain white already. Maybe golden accents around the van, if you can, will make it more unique as well.
Couldn't give you much help on the interior unfortunately. I've got a full bed set up in the back of my T5, king size bed as we've gone for comfort over functionality.

Good luck with your plans and welcome to the forum!馃憣

Registered
Welcome mate , van looks nice and clean.
Banded vito's would be my choice ( maybe not in gold though) .
I'm 6'2" and made our own bed , rock'n'roll type design that makes a 6'2 x 4'2 bed and slightly narrowed kitchen units to accommodate the bigger bed .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts