VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Well as the title says, I've bought a 2002 metallic blue Caravelle.

It's in pretty good nick considering it's done 155k and has a fully stamped service history:) I've already had to change the pedalbox (thanks to Wind Welder for his help!) and I've had the single seat next to the sliding door apart to sort out an annoying squeak and a saggy seat base.

I've also replaced the foam in the drivers seat base and can't recommend this enough as it's made a massive difference to comfort. It was £60 for the foam from VW and worth every penny as the old one disintegrated when I removed it. :eek:

It just needs a basic service and the bottom corner of the windscreen sorted as there's a bit of rust starting to show through and I want to catch it before it becomes an issue.

I've previously owned a bay window T2 for several years. I've already found this forum a valuable resource and hopefully I can post some helpful stuff as I get to know the van a bit more.

I'm based in West Sussex, so hopefully will get to meet some others at some point.

Tony

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Welcome to the forum T: let's see some pics A:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Hi & welcome. You'll find that we'r a friendly bunch who can help out with advice and still take the p**s without being nasty. Good luck with your van/bus/bl**dy thing T:T:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome:cool:

racman; Rustington, next to Littlehampton. I'll keep an eye out for local meets. :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hello mate... i hav'nt been to a meeting yet hope to in jan meets in the red lion arundle on last thurs of month regards another velle owner!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts