VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
So I've been a bit busy but everything takes time and I don't have enough!!!!

I've fitted my reverse camera, then fitted the cali tailgate trim!
Now I need new struts so I'm trying to get some from SGS Engineering, yet the 1250Kn ones ment for the cali won't hold my tailgate up, so I've sent them back and hopefully they can put more gas in them or something!

Picked up a cali table off ebay for £150 with the panel. I'm planning on fibreglassing around the table and making a pass side door card to hold the table.

Also another ebay bargain!! An 18" avtex tv, which runs on 12v!

Lastly I have done the ply for my pass side, took a full day to do and it killed an old jigsaw!!!
I'm a mega perfectionist so it had to be on which takes a lot of time!
i have some uprated strutts from sgs and they wont hold my tailgate up either ,how have sgs resolved your problem ????

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We have spoke to them and sent them back, they have been Ré-gases to 1250nm (what we ordered)
Aparently they were under gassed ... We are still not 100% happy, as they judder and still need a little push to achieve full height ... But tried a real cali @ vw and that was the same.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Few more bits done over the weekend!

Got my engine cover fitted, so all looks neater under the bonnet.

Finally got around to moving the handbrake bracket further down on my seat base.
I ground the welds off and drilled out the spot welds, then welded a flat sheet of steel onto the base, to cover the holes.
Then welded the bracket back on. So now drivers seat swivels with no problems!

Started carpeting on Sunday, I'm using purple carpet ... As I hate the normal grey/black look it's so boring!
Not sure what I'm covering my panels in ... But the exposed metalwork will be purple!

Not bad progress, although I wasted a day thinking the sliding door light didn't work when infact it was because the front light wasn't plugged in!

Also got my split charge fully wired in and tested.

Then I've fitted a GSM controller to my eber so I can text it to turn it on & off as well as the 7 day timer

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Few more bits yesterday

I fitted grab handles for my mum as she slipped out of the van when we were away for her 60th ... So got both sides. Was easier than I expected the cloud shape was formed on the back of the side trim so just filed it out. The brackets were 3 screws onto pre tapped holes on the van, and then the two screws for the handle ... I'm not fitting the covers until the last min, when it's finished as they get wrecked taking them on and off!

I've finished carpeting the bits I'm doing, not massive job but still takes time!

Then last night I fitted my headunit, a DNX7250DAB, real fancy bit of kit!!
I needed a few adapter lead from Halfrauds ( 1 for radio, and one for the quad lock) also a dab ariel, and I bought some speakers for the back.
I had to tap into fuse 19 for the switched live (brown and green behind fuse box)
Luckily it all worked ... There was then the problem of getting it all to fit in the dash! After a few attempts I got it all tucked in and managed to fit the radio in, it looks awesome!!!
Has a tilty screen too!! I'll do some better pics today in the light as it was a late one!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So done some more on the van this week,
Got my sub in and set up, both boxes 80% built got one end to do!
And the lids!

Consumer unit in and wired up just need to do my spur for the sockets.

And hook up point in just needs hinging!

Kind off arranged my 12v fuse box finally!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Sockets and usbs in
Slats made and webbed together, fixed in with 4 magnets :)

Very happy girly this week and it's useable now ...

Got 4 weeks until I go to France for a month so a bit to do.

Headlining has to go up front and back and then inside of boxes carpeted, outside need cutting bending and anodising.

So a way to go yet!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So I've done a few bits today.

Cut the slots in my box for the slats to live in.

Got the cab headlining up, with sunroof that I've covered & extra 2 led's to compliment the ones in the rear!

I've wired them up so the come on with sliding door and tailgate, can also be switched on/off from the cab. I have a remote control with a dimmer on for when camping, all running off the leisure battery.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts