VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post to the forum, thought id say hi and show of the T4. (hope im doing it in the right place). Some of you may recognise the van, as i think the previous owner was on this forum.

About me - some might recognise the username if you use other VW forums, i'm admin on a local forum called www.eastsidevw.co.uk Currently, my partner Cat and I have 7 VW's between us, with this being hers and the latest. We have 2 huskies which to accomodate we bought a touareg, so they were comfy, we were comfy and so we could lug there stuff around and we could attend husky meets and rallies. A scooter was bought, training was getting done, then after doing a rally she decided she wanted a big 3 wheel land rig. so the search was on for a Van. Well it had to be a transporter! :D

And here it is A:

Its a 2.5 TDi (102BHP) ex-Finnish Postie van, hence the colour :lol:

Because it was an import, the sliding door is the driver side (which is way handier as you can park up against walls etc), but its still RHD for the postie getting out onto the pavement :)

And Because its Finnish its basically has a winter pack. the cloth drivers seat is heated, it also has another set of heater controls for a heater in the rear that also works off the plumbing. It plugs into the mains too, to heat up the water and also has a fan heater to heat the cabin so in winter, you plug it in over night and its toasty for the morning :) Also Came with Studded Tires for when it snows. Its a window van too obviously which i didnt think we'd manage to get.

Its got Limo Tints which is perfect for the dogs, its lowered 30mm which just makes it look right, not like it a brikies van without any bricks :lol:

Waited quite a while for the right van to come around, and dont think i could be happier with what we've ended up with, its more than i could of thought we'd get, just ideal for her taking the dogs to rallies during the winter months :)

I'm looking forward talking to everyone in the forums :)

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys :)

You know something, i dont actually have pictures of the rear... its empty at the moment, no bulkhead (easy access to the dogs) and it got some rubber matting down.

Fututre plans are, build some cages and a bed, fit some stereo (I HATE the std tape player) and either flock or paint the dash, maybe paint the exterior (it could do with a blow over), colour coding the bumpers and rear plinth maybe. possibly some wheels for summer :) and a swivel base for the drivers seat (fasp?) and possibly fit proper captain chairs (can you convert normal single seats to have armrests)... not alot :lol:

Its rough at starting at the mo, and needs a new cat,so got that to fix, might use it as an excuse to go bigger injectors and decat for 150 bhp :lol:

Thanks again folks :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hello, and welcome...nice looking van... especially with those nice little winter extras...defo, need them with our pathertic british weather!!!...sounds like a good buy!!:ILU:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Folks, just to update this a little...

I'm now a paid up Member A:

I tried doing it when i made the first post, but had to re validate my paypal or something because of a new card, but just from last night, the forum has helped with a few issues i had with the van :D

Looking forward to more of the same great threads i've unlocked :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts