VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
What bmw ? Check out the load rating anything other than an x5 probably no they won't be strong enough for a van

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Depends on the offsets although I'm not aware of any BMW wheels that are difficult to fit in the back of a T5. Assume if they're BMW, they're staggered so wider rears - what are the fronts? To be honest, they'll most likely fit. The only issue you'll have is tyres. If they're off an X5 and come with X5 spec tyres then they're massive. You'd be surprised at how big a wheel you can fit on a T5 but the tyre size has to be as much of a consideration as the wheel itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply👍 Ok I will ask, will the wheels fit on a T5? Will they fit in the arches?
Thanks for the reply👍 Ok I will ask, will the wheels fit on a T5? Will they fit in the arches?
They come off of a x6 mate
Depends on the offsets although I'm not aware of any BMW wheels that are difficult to fit in the back of a T5. Assume if they're BMW, they're staggered so wider rears - what are the fronts? To be honest, they'll most likely fit. The only issue you'll have is tyres. If they're off an X5 and come with X5 spec tyres then they're massive. You'd be surprised at how big a wheel you can fit on a T5 but the tyre size has to be as much of a consideration as the wheel itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are off a BMW X6, I have spoken to someone else and they are saying they they will not fit, the ET and the centre bore will be different??🤯🥴😂

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Yep - you need spigot rings (74.1mm > 65.1mm). I've just got some as well as spacers and bolts (you shouldn't need spacers) from Paul @ Tamar Wheels. Arrived next day - definitely reccommend.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Have vossen alloys 9.5j front and 10.5j rears (20” lowered) and the rears are snug but just fit... if had my time again would have gone for 10s maybe for rear!

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
You can get X6 wheel to fit but as stated you will need spigot rings and as Dave has mentioned Paul at tamar wheels will be able to sort them out. Next up is tyres as you will rub using the standard x6 tyres. Also make sure they are staggered and not 10.5 on the front otherwise they will run when steering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts