VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought would try and say hello. We are new to the whole VW scene. Have just bought a T4 and took it on first outing to Camperjam. We had a great time and are now totally hooked, despite the flat tyre and having to call out the breakdown service !!!!!!!!!!

Hoping to get loads of hints and tips from the more experienced owners out there over the next few months. Be warned!!!!!

Just for starters can anyone tell us good sites to look at to find cheap campsites in france or any more info about rules re parking over night in this country

cheers

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum, where in Devon are you T:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi.
We've just picked up our T4 and have finally joined the VW world.
We sold our lovely spacious caravan so we can travel round France next summer, so we seem to be in exactly the same boat.
I've only just started planning but if I come up anything good I'll let you know.
Just been looking on www.beyond.fr where I was reading about Gorges du Verdon.
Hope we both enjoy the 'experience'.
Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Campsites in France

There are a few umbrella organisations that only allow a high standard of site into their organisation, one is 'Camping Qualite', they publish a free map with about 1000 sites on with the websites and phone numbers.

Thought of Germany? It's nice and you are truly welcomed as they never get English visitors - you will be a novelty.

Try going to the official German tourist site and sign up for their free 1000 best campsites book, very comprehensive.

Bon chance! Steff

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.T: There is a camping thread in the Pub section, not sure what info there is in there regarding camping in France, but might be worth a look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts