VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone :)

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! Me and my wife are finally in a position to be able to fulfil a lifelong dream, and buy our first van!

Having been brought up around VW's, I've obsessed over nothing else, and always wanted a bus. My wife has been fully converted and I think she wants a van more than me now! :ILU:

Not sure if i'm allowed to say here (I have posted a wanted ad), but we're after a LWB T5, with a tailgate and single sliding door, which we feel is the best set-up for a camper conversion. If you've got anything, feel free to PM me, or check out my wanted ad!

Anyway, I'll more than likely be posting a lot of questions, looking for advice and ideas for our own van, so apologies for all the questions in advance ;)

We're from Stoke-on-Trent, so wave if we see you, hopefully we'll see you about!

Booked CamperJam and BusFest so far this year, so see you there too ;)

Anyway, nice to meet you all :)

Dave & Kate T:

·
Premium Member
6,285 Posts
Hi there you two. Nice to have you on board and all paid up. Get stuck in with the search function and see if you can dig up your answers before asking again. There are some good how to style threads in the conversion section but if you're really stuck then ask away as most of us will know the answer or paste a link to an old thread. We love it really.

BTW, dont be scared off by a twin slider van if you find one. I often forget mine has a spare door but its handy for servicing the occasional broken tap etc. You can always use the cupboard rear access for tanks etc...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never considered easy access to the back of the units! Hmm... That increases my van criteria! :D Opens a few more options anyway :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a twin slider full camper conversion and left a half door gap behind the drivers seat to give access to both sides. We have a Fiamma awning on the drivers side and a multi-rail for an drive - away awning on the near side. You can have the best of both worlds with two sliders! Hope you end up with a vehicle that puts a smile on your face like mine does!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts