VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I'm new to this scene so go gentle.

I've just bought a caravelle in order to get a full camper conversion and was just wondering if I can get some advice/help?

If you open the back door of the velle, to the right in the panelling there is a heater looking thing. I assume this is for the rear heating. Can this be used as a stand alone system without the engine running? I can't really figure it out!

Cheers

finchy

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, sorry i cant help you with your heater but im sure someone will soon come along that knows.:ILU:

·
Registered
256 Posts
welcome, i got the same heater vent and a control in the dash but mine does nothing but make noise so am also interestedI:I:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi there, I've got a caravelle and that thing in the boot that you mentioned sucks air in through the vents in your rear off side window and then blows it out of the vents in the roof. No heating involved just fresh air from outside. The top fan switch on the B pillar operates that bit of kit and the lower fan switch and heating control operates the heater that comes out under the drivers seat and floor level vents. At least thats what it does in mine. I do believe that there are some variations on that though. Hope this helps.

PS mine is a 2001 velle, if yours is earlier it may differ! T:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh yeah, and there is a switch on the dash thats isolates all of the rear heating and ventilation. If it ain't working try switching the switches on dash.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hi and welcome along bud.

Steve W....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts