VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all, just thought I would introduce myself.

Named go slow since I do.

We have a camper van, converted LWB mercedes sprinter which is fine for long periods away but we would like a smaller camper which would work for weekends away, small enough to fit into a parking space so we can leave it in car parks when we go walking.

Looking into it, naturally, the T4 ticks all the boxes however any and all advice gratefully received. :)

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Hello go slow and welcome to the forum, i love my t4 and like you say small enough to fit in parking bays and use as an everyday vechicle :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
wotcha-Ed you know from TRC as well. Here I call our T4 the Basset Bus!

Lovely lot on here-far nicer than TRC, but then again seeing as the usual suspects on that are all refus from Visordown it's not much of a surprise!

Loads to take in but I gave you the main terms you'll come across time & time again on your original thread. I did forget to mention the fabled 6th gear/overdrive/ratio change gearbox but you can have some fun with that! Tell you what SWMBO will love is the gearstick extension, but let her 'suffer' it as it is for a bit before you do that. Honestly it's a belter of a bang for your buck.

I still maintain that you need to ascertain if it's the T4 or the 1.9tdi T5 that's going to be the best bang for your buck. Selfishly I'd like the LWB T4 to be the more desirable & expensive, seeing as I got one! But on these days of obscene VED & pump prices I really do suspect the T5 might be the cannier choice. That said, & you'll know from my many posts passim about 406HDIs it might all hinge on the emissions stuff in the exhaust system of the newer T5s. I haven't spent much time over on the 5 boards so I don't know. What I would be pretty sure about from other VAG forums is that someone knows how to remove all this eurotoash & also sort the software out. Then you can have that remapped!

I'd be very interested to hear about what you garner about all of this-mostly because I'm lazy but still like to be up to date!

Good to see you over here. No cheese & pineapple hedgepig but I do think we have a bar! Mine's an expresso in a full mug, right to the top please.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcomes, and the familiar faces :)

Ed - its all down to the budget and how far I can stretch it. In an ideal world it would be a converted T4 but I'll go for a T4 van and convert later, the T5 is right on the edge of the budget so will need to do some more looking into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts