VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, totally newbie to the camper scene. Iv been thinking about taking the plunge and getting a camper since a friend of mine over at cotton campers brought his first van to work a couple of years ago. Anyway whilst on holiday in Spain recently I saw a few campers about and said to myself sod it the cars going when I got back . So car sold I'm picking a tidy Swb T4 up at the weekend (will post pics at weekend). I have had an insurance quote today and was quite shocked at the price £650 fully comp with missus on I'm 43 and 7 years NCB. I was quite shocked at this apparently it's due to it still being classed as a commercial van as it's not converted yet. If any one could give me some advice on insurance I'd much appreciate it.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Welcome to the forum, give Dan a ring at Aplan insurance he will look after you , that does sound a lot ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys n girls, the quote was from A plan. I was told that when the van is fully converted to a camper then the insurance will be half the quoted amount. looks like I'll have to have a good shop around. May be I gave him the wrong info somehow but don't see how I could of. think ill drop them a pm and see if they can have another look at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts