VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there all can anyone point me in the right direction please as to what spring i can use for my t4 for a 70 or 80mm drop ?
however i really need to carry my kids in so must be heavy duty if possible please .
i am searching the net and will let you know what i come up with allso many thanks
the general :ILU::ILU::cool:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Running t4rus -80 springs on the velle mate and all good so far. Not much weight in there at the mo mind you!
Had the same on my last van too and had that loaded to the roof many a time with camping kit and was ok. They did drop the back end a bit when loaded but for the drop I think there probably one of the best alternatives to car springs T:

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Running t4rus -80 springs on the velle mate and all good so far. Not much weight in there at the mo mind you!
Had the same on my last van too and had that loaded to the roof many a time with camping kit and was ok. They did drop the back end a bit when loaded but for the drop I think there probably one of the best alternatives to car springs T:
That's great mate are you still on the same number ?

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so then i know this has all been dragged up before but what about calibra springs standed ?????

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
the calibra springs droped mine about 120/130 mm far to much and with the family in its to hard so i will be bringing it back up and the getting shocks for it
i been looking at shocks and not many seem to be good at over 70 mm drop so i will be asking for help with that one

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've been thinking about trying Vauxhall Omega springs as when i was looking under my missus car i noticed they are similar to T4's and just as thick.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
For an 80mm drop and half tidy ride i'd go with afore mentioned T4SRUS -85mm Lee with some Gaz or Avo dampers to stiffen things up a bit.
Calibras will drop you too much for what you want by the sound of it mate, PM me bud if you want anymore info:D
Gaz.

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply gyes and it seems to be a no no to go past 60mm drop with the kids in the van unless I want a big dental bill lol
Gaz I will be in touch with you bud I used to have 55mm Jamex on but they can't take it and now it's back up in the air I'm not liking it at all

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right then I've fitted a better 60mm spring took out the plates and cut the bump stops down slightly and loving my van all over again T:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Which ones did you go for in the end Lee and how much was the total cost in dropping it? Got some alloys off Simon (colese) so don't know if to drop it or stick some all terrain tyres and go for the off road look! Where's the pics mate!:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
newbie here.
just looking into dropping my van at the minute.
hope its not a daft question.but what are these plates your talking about.

thanks.
dave.

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
newbie here.
just looking into dropping my van at the minute.
hope its not a daft question.but what are these plates your talking about.

thanks.
dave.
10mm ish rubber O ring which sits on top of the spring. Sometimes they are top and bottom. I've always taken them out on all my vans. Only thing to watch for is the promotion of rust as its then metal on metal but i've never had any problems..

:ILU:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
cheers mate for that.
still learning about how to get these vans on the deck T:T:T:T:
Bit more to it than just removing these 'plates' but every little helps T: I've got 60mm springs and no plates and its probably 80mm lower than it was to start with :ILU: still not that low though..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts