VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, This is my first post, so be easy on me:)

We've been sent a letter from tfl saying that our van does not comply to the LEZ starting 3rd jan 2012. so we were resigned to thinking that we might have to get our vehicle fitted with a filter or buy a new one (both very expensive)

But i had a look on this forum and was surprised that there seems lots of people able to change their vehicle status, either by weight or what its registered as. We have a t4 compact roof campervan that is diesel.

In our van manual it stats

unladen weight with driver 2110

permissable gross vehicle weight 2800

If it stats in manual what weight of vehicle is , is it worth get it weighed.

Can anyone advice me if there is any chance that our van can be LEZ compliant.

Thanks alot

chris

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
As far as i know convertion is the only legal route again very expensive and costly ,my parents went through the process with their camper and in the end just bought a 08 reg van .

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hi all, This is my first post, so be easy on me:)

We've been sent a letter from tfl saying that our van does not comply to the LEZ starting 3rd jan 2012. so we were resigned to thinking that we might have to get our vehicle fitted with a filter or buy a new one (both very expensive)

But i had a look on this forum and was surprised that there seems lots of people able to change their vehicle status, either by weight or what its registered as. We have a t4 compact roof campervan that is diesel.

In our van manual it stats

unladen weight with driver 2110

permissable gross vehicle weight 2800

If it stats in manual what weight of vehicle is , is it worth get it weighed.

Can anyone advice me if there is any chance that our van can be LEZ compliant.

Thanks alot

chris
abanden hope all ye who live or work the lez zone and have a non compliant van join the long list of people trying to sell there vans.those that dont sell before end of year it would cost a purchser some say £200 fine some say£500 just to leave the lez zone so be prepared.to have to drop prices very low.

·
Registered
315 Posts
As you say there are lots of posts on here regarding how to register for LEZ exemption. In a nutshell, if your van is registered as a camper you should not have a problem as it's the gross vehicle weight which is the critical figure, according to TfL, you will need to reduce from the current 2800Kg to 2490Kg. To achieve this all you need to do is get confirmation on headed paper from a garage or company who converts vehicles (use your imagination here) to state that following the vehicle conversion the gvw has been revised to 2490Kg; send this along with the TfL registration form (on the TfL LEZ website) and a copy of the V5, off to the TfL box number in Worthing. You do not need to involve DVLA or a weighbridge or anyone offering replating services.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey raymal, Thanks for all the useful info.

im going to try and find a company that can state are vehicle weight is now revised to 2490kg.

hopefully tfl will except that and the van will be exempt.

cheers again

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Aren't they exempting all taxis from this rule? If so can you get your vans/buses registered as taxis? You'll get around the exclusion then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts