VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 1.9TD 1000 panel van (1999 T4) and have managed to break both rear springs to the suspension and have a pending MOT bearing down upon me in 2 weeks. Anyone got their old standard's kicking around in the back of their garage that i can come and collect. Heading down the M6 and M5 this week from liverpool to plymouth if that takes out the hasle of posting? Any help would be greatly appreciated - don't even know what colour code i'm meant to be fitting to the vehicle!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Ive got one. Its nearly brand new. If you can find another new one you can have it, but dont put new and old springs on because they should ideally be replaced in pairs.

Im in Manchester, driving to portsmouth this weekend. PM me and we can chat if needs by :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for your quick response there. What van do they come off as i might be able to source another match from others on the forum? Mines a 1000 load carrying capacity if that helps?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
yep - its a 100 capacity spring. It was put on my 800 capacity van though!!!

Some past numpty didnt do their homework properly!

Its practially spotless - no cracks in the plastic coating at all.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
ive got a spare set off my 800 you can have(get you through your mot), im going to look at a van in bolton tomorow so could meet somewhere around there if thats any goodT:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive got a spare set off my 800 you can have(get you through your mot), im going to look at a van in bolton tomorow so could meet somewhere around there if thats any goodT:
That might just work, imagine the set-up is identical other than the strength of the springs - at worst it should atleast get through the MOT on them. Will send you a private message of where to meet up so not out of your way. Merci beaucoup Team French!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your help on that one guys as Team French was able to sort me out with a set along with a mass of handy info on various other aliments that my van is currently suffering from. Got them switched for the MOT and all is well. Big thanks to all those that replied.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi HoverJon

Good to meet you today, and thanks for the shocks - hopefully, weather permitting, I'll fit them this weekend !!

Cheers

Frank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts