VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking the van on my first ever trip away and have been looking at awnings for a bit of extra space.

I've found the thread show us your awnings and from that I quite like the look of this one

http://www.campmania.co.uk/Item-7-143-cat-0-brand-3191-Sunncamp_Silhouette_Motor_Estate_Awning.aspx

There's only my girlfriend and I so we're not looking for a mansion awning, just something fairly cheap to keep the surfboards and wetsuits in and a hopefully a little area for a table and chairs to chill out with a few beers.

I really don't have a clue on awnings and only have tent experience from Glastonbury once a year. Any help or advice much appreciated, cheers.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I just brought a Khyam Compact 300 and used it for the first time ever last week. Was great. Plenty of room for surfboards and wetsuits and a table and chairs to chillax in at night. We didnt put the sleeping bit up which made it very comfortable to use as a shelter. Its just me, my girlfriend and our dog btw.... And we still had room for 3 friends to fit in and sit at night too in their chairs. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I picked up a second hand outsell country road awning after having gone down the route of cheaper awnings. As they say in life, you get what you pay for. The outsell is awesome, easy to put up and a quality bit of kit with loads of space. It's a good investment to spend that little bit extra and get a decent bit of kit that will last. I appreciate that £200 is still a lot of money, but the awning will last me many years compared to the £80 awning I bought new which broke in winds on first trip !!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've had two Outwell Country Road awnings so far and they've both leaked in different places (!) so am also looking for other options - can't decide whether to bite the bullet and get a third Country Road replacement as I have all the add-ons or go for a Kyham instead?

The Country Road does offer great height and space and is easy to put up but not sure I want to chance a third leaking awning or whether we've just been unlucky?!

Any ideas/thoughts?!

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts