VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my van there are 3 sections of headlining. 1 at the front above the cab, and 2 in the rear. These are joined by 2 plastic cover strips. (#7H0868551A, and #30 in the image linked below).

These are held in place by small black plastic clips that slide into the strips and contain a pin that clips into the roof struts. I think these are #701867549, and number 31 in the picture.

The part I'm looking for is the 'female' side of these little black clips. The female side lives in the roof struts, and they have been snapped in my van meaning the trim strips don't remain in place.

http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/TR/2005/411/56/4135627/

I've been to the local dealer, but we got no further than looking at the picture in the above link.

Any ideas would be gratefully received. This is all that's keeping me from having a nicely finished interior now :)

·
Registered
2,829 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I found that when I first looked, but figured it wasn't quite what I was looking for as it didn't look like the bit it should be replacing, and also is that not from the T4? I couldn't find a similar piece in the T5 section.

I'll take a picture of the piece at lunchtime, and post it up as it'll be much clearer than any explanation I can provide here!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I found that when I first looked, but figured it wasn't quite what I was looking for as it didn't look like the bit it should be replacing, and also is that not from the T4? I couldn't find a similar piece in the T5 section.

I'll take a picture of the piece at lunchtime, and post it up as it'll be much clearer than any explanation I can provide here!
Ooops! I thought we were taking about T4's, didn't look at the T5 bit!

Any way is the bit you need item 31 on your original link?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah - Brilliant, that helps loads. It looks like they are what I need.

I hadn't realised that the clips were actually 2 'parts' under one part number, the male and female parts both bundled together. I already have the male part that slides into the trim strip, It's the female parts that are broken in my van and left in the roof.

Thanks all for your help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any VW dealership should be able to sort you out. Just pop in with the part number. I think they were about 50p each, certainly less than a quid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts