VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to be recovered earlier today as my accelerator cable snapped on my van that has a 1.9 TDi conversion from an AHU engine, I am pretty sure I need MK3 Golf replacement. Any tips where I can get one tomorrow, I only seem to be able to find stock on eBay. Eurocarparts have none and nor do veedubmachine near me in Cornwall or VW Heritage Parts. Starting to panic that they are hard to get hold of. Thanks in advance.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78009

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Good luck finding an accelerator cable for a mk3 Golf tdi.............they are fly by wire..........ie no cable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is definitely a wire, It has the bracket and peddle from from a 2.5, do you reckon they have used the T4 cable instead? I am confused as surely the sensors communicate with the ECU could this be causing my limp mode problems. Or do people use the wires in their conversions? Hopefully I will be able to match by eye by removing the broken one to get it fixed quickly. Thanks in advance.

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,127 Posts
But, the bracket and peddle from a 2.5 TDi is also fly by wire.....no-where to connect a cable to.:confused:

Or is it a 2.5 PETROL bracket?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kind of getting somewhere, there is about 3cm of cable broken off from the pedal end that connects to the throttle potentiometer. Which is Fly-By-wire VW say the new part is over £530 :eek: Hoping we can just get the piece of cable fixed onto the silver pulley part and avoid all the pain.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think I know exactly the bit - about a 4in long cable that connects TPS to pedal arm, mounts on a quadrant on the TPS?

I've got a seat cordoba donor that has this bit and even with a seat parts fiche I can only find 4A0 721 757 A - which doesn't look right at all on the fiche???

Go to a bike/motorbike shop, buy a replacement cable and a solderless nipple?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, I managed to find one on ebay from Germany, it was the same part, back up and running. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts