VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all ive just purchased the electric window kit from t4sRus and im gonna have ago at fitting it at the weekend. any one got any tips or maybe a step by step guide to wiring it up?? got the instructions that come with it but to be honest im not the best when it comes to electrics.
cheers, Arran

·
Registered
248 Posts
Best thing to do is to lay the lot out on a bench or something and put all the parts in the correct places so that you have an idea where it is going to end up - it certainly helped me before I started as you are then breaking the problem down into smaller parts. Pretty sure that the switches are marked with the relevant connections (they are numbered if I remember correctly) but it can't have been that difficult if I have done it.

Been a while since I did mine but I would probably start with running the power from the battery through the bulk head and get that part in place and then add on from there - relay got bolted onto the side of the battery box\tray and earthed out on something obvious - internally think I earthed on the 11mm dome nut under the drivers seat. Don't connect to the battery till you are finished though for obvious reasons.

Door cards - measure twice at least before you cut and make sure that the switch is not too close to the window or it will catch on the door itself which is a complete PITA. Pretty sure I started with the drivers door as well - it made more sense at the time for some reason I can not remember.

Remember none of it is exceptionally complicated but expect it to take way longer than you think it should - best of luck.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for that. Its now all fitted and working good. Was pretty straight forward apart from feeding all the wires through the dash. Really impressed with the quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts