VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone!!! Can you help am stuck on m5 junction with a fla but stupidly have no jack but I do have a spare at least!!!! Any nice t4 owners with a jack?! :-((((

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I: chuck some cans if tyre wield in the van. Always good as a back up. T:
Not if you have alloys or steelies you want to keep, some places refuse to remove/fit tyres to wheels that have been tyre welded.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Not if you have alloys or steelies you want to keep, some places refuse to remove/fit tyres to wheels that have been tyre welded.
T: well luckily it's saved me in the early hours when everything was shut and I was far from home ,the tyre had a nail in it to near the edge so could not be plugged and my jack did not fit without removing the side bars ( only discovered this at this time :eek:).I thanked god I had it in the van, and the tyre wield lasted for a few days as my tyres were not held in stock and needed to be ordered .The tyre guy had no problems with giving the alloy a quick rinse and fitting a new tyre. T: I would highly recommend the stuff if changing the wheel was not an option. Now I carry a small trolley jack to overcome the side bar issues and a few more cans of wield as I seem to give the stuff away when people are in need. My cousin found when he bought his van he had no jack so as sods law works in predictable ways I gave him a can from my van. Now just waiting for tescos to have their usuall price drop on the stuff so I can re stock :D

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
regarding sidebars,i have a small block of wood with 2 holes drilled in,this goes where the front of sidebar bolts on....
then i can use my ex transit scissor jack:eek:,to lift van upT:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I: well I thought I would be clever and took the side bars off and got plates wielded on to where the jacking points were ,but sadly I'm not trusting the flexing when jacked up.
I did use a garage once that jacked the van up by putting the trolley jack on the side bars. I had a right old moan as it buckled on jamming the sliding door. :eek:I even told the guy the we're cosmetic only and not to use the to jack the van. I stay around now to keep my beady eyes on them. :cool:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I: well I thought I would be clever and took the side bars off and got plates wielded on to where the jacking points were ,but sadly I'm not trusting the flexing when jacked up.
I did use a garage once that jacked the van up by putting the trolley jack on the side bars. I had a right old moan as it buckled on jamming the sliding door. :eek:I even told the guy the we're cosmetic only and not to use the to jack the van. I stay around now to keep my beady eyes on them. :cool:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: They did what!.

I always cringed when the kwik fit "apprentice" tried jacking my BMW up by the wrong part of the sills.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: They did what!.

I always cringed when the kwik fit "apprentice" tried jacking my BMW up by the wrong part of the sills.
It's so frustrating that supposedly qualifies Machanic just jack up the vehicles any wich way. I got my brother in law to show me how he would jack my van up with the bars on and now there the points I use. I trust his judgment and it works for me. Mind you I still don't have the best angles to work as its quite low and bars obstruct ,or the biggest leverage on the jack but it inches up ok. I now do my own wheel swapping T:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts