VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
i've recently bought a T4 (1995) and want to wire a leisure battery in it. BUT..i noticed it has got a tow bar on it with 2 sockets.. now i'm presuming one is for towing lights and the other is for charging caravans etc..? do you think there could be a split charge relay system in it already then? then i could just re-route this cable to the leisure battery.

how can i tell whether this is the case or not?

any help would be much appreciated.

Dan

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hi everyone!
i've recently bought a T4 (1995) and want to wire a leisure battery in it. BUT..i noticed it has got a tow bar on it with 2 sockets.. now i'm presuming one is for towing lights and the other is for charging caravans etc..? do you think there could be a split charge relay system in it already then? then i could just re-route this cable to the leisure battery.

Dan
If its to a caravan socket its likely to be a really thin cable which will be pretty useless for charging your leisure battery.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Hi everyone!

Dan
Yes it should have and yes you can "BUT"

it will prob only be low amps - some i've seen are only 15a

Check the size of the wire - (count the strands if you have to) and check out the fuse rating.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how soon do you need it? as if you can wait till the next meet i will bring my tester along and check for you.
cheers knightlight but think i'm working nights on the next meet, any chance during next week sometime in the evenin? where bouts are ya?T:

and cheers guys!! well if i need to re-wire then i'll do that, jus saves me havin to buy relay kit.T:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
to be honest guys i havent got round to looking at it. saw nightlight at meet but we didnt really have time. i'm jus tryin to work on the outside of the van at mo but when i get round to it i will make a thread about it.. (if i can use the same tow loop that it) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts