VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi dudes
right got a bit of a worry really. i need to change my cambelt and tensioners and im guessing water pump, but also need to change my clutch and flywheel! but due to the lack of funds and also the rise in everything except my pay! (typical government)I: i can only afford to get 1 of them done now my thrust bearing is knocking on and off with the clutch slipping now and then. but my worrys are that if i get my cambelt changed will this need to be re-alligned when i put a new flywheel in? not sure which to do first so any ideas would be good i would do them myself but want someone who knows what they are doing so i know its been done properly. any suggestions:*

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
If its still driveable then you gotta do the cam belt coz if you do the clutch and the belt goes its gonna cost you a lot more.
You will not have to change the fly wheel to replace the clutch unless its dual mass and buggered and in either case changing clutch/flywheel will not interfere with the cam belt timing at all so will not need to be redone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts