VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my t4 long wheel base van has been lowered by 60mm. its very very bouncy and sometimes bangs on bumps in the road ect. its got red springs on it but ive been told they not good enough and should be yellow. can anyone help me out and tell me where i can get some.
ALSO my power streeing belt squeeks like mad, i had it change 6 months ago it still squeeked, it broke had another one fitted still squeeking and feeling tight like its gona break again. has anyone else had this problem???

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Springs....depends what make/stiffness, not colour.

Power steering, adjust by removing or adding shims to the pulley. You remove one side of the pulley and remove/add shims as needed. If you remove shims from within the pully put them on the outside of the pulley for further use.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I have read before that people have had problems with the Jamex springs. These are red.
Mine are red, no idea what make but have had no problems at all. Been on 3 years now. Got them from Mike at www.c-m-c.org.uk all TUV approved.
Like Stridey has said, it's make not colour.

There are a few places that sell springs but try the following for a starter:
www.bluebird-type2.co.uk

No idea about you power steering but if you need a local garage recommendation (Bluntisham) send me a PM T:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dudes, thanks for the info.
i am now looking for some new springs:D there seem to be quite a lot on the market!
as for the garage there is a small garage in Ely that looks good, the guy and his wife run a nice T4 and they show intrest in others so will try him first, but always good to know a fewH:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Dude i got red jamex 50mm on the back of mine, been on there for nearly 4 years aint had a problem so far, good luck wiv your new ones, T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts