VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I have joined VW Forum, but I am not the proud owner yet!!! I desperately want to be but am looking at a few T4 vans/ campers. but don't know which to try to go for as I am trying to go for the most economical mpg. So diesel I do want but should it be a 1.9 td or tdi or 2.4 td 5 cylinder or even a 2.5 tdi. I know it depends how hard you drive but wanting a camper type T4 I want to try and get the best out of any money I part with. So please help. Any advise will be welcolm. Cheers Daisie.

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
probably best go for the 2.5 if you're wanting a camper, I've the 1.9td which is very economical but I use it purely as a van which incidentally keeps my insurance down too(another consideration)...T:

·
Registered
298 Posts
i plumped for a 1.9td in the end - the 2.5 may gain one or two mpg and be a little quicker, but seem to command a premium and not as simple if something goes wrong. from what i saw whilst searching Its prob more important to buy on condition than any other factor. Hope you find the one T:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hi Daisie. Welcome to the forum. I have a 2.5 tdi and on a long run if driven gently will get up to 45mpg. Driven normally it's usually around 35 - 40ish. Hope this helps and good luck.T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts