VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just received my new Gmaxx rear springs -55mm in red from flea bay and in the box was a note saying remember to cut bump stops down 20mm a bit confused dont know you could an how i would ???? :ILU:

·
Registered
647 Posts
just received my new Gmaxx rear springs -55mm in red from flea bay and in the box was a note saying remember to cut bump stops down 20mm a bit confused dont know you could an how i would ???? :ILU:
hey up pal not been funny but there cheap and not really goog quality and they will probly bottom out ,so thats why they tell you to shorten bump stops ,was going to get some my self but you read that many comments buy cheap and you buy twice T:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah just a trial, ive read eibach is the dogs but cant afford this side of xmas. any info on how to cut bump stops down would be handy cheers *<:)> merry christmas :ILU:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
i am down about 95mm on the back and the rear bump stops are the standard length they do bottom out every now and then but when i was only down about 70 mm they where fine so i would fit the springs and then have a look before cutting anything if you are not carrying a large amount of stuff in the back you may be ok just leaving the bump stops standard

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that bud I think il do that don't rely want to cut them at all if I don't have to.

I'm finding it hard to get time,good weather and light to get them fitted on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts