VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks I'm desperate for a bit of assistance? my poor lil van is not well!
Drove to Work as normal and my stereo just died (powered by direct in line power off battery with fuse) - thought nothing of it, other than best change the fuse. After work I nipped in the van fir a 2 sec trip round to the NISA (I know I should have walked, lazy sod) :p jumped back in van after 3 mins in the shop and she was dead! So called my bud he came and jumped me, I drove the quater mile back to his and cooked the BBQ! 2 hours later had to jump the van again, this time the yellow light that normally goes off before you start the engine, ticked like it was on speed (loudly as well) I thought the bulb was gonna pop! Then stopped after 1 min.
The speedo stopped working and all list inside were very dim on the dash, wipers hardly worked and the headlights were like a couple of gnats having a light your fart competition!
So, anyone got any ideas please??? :-(

One other thing, my oil light has started to flash and not go off, but I think this might be one of the connections on the black plug on the bottom of the engine that have pulled off....

Any help or ideas much appreciated guys :(:confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
sounds like a battery issue it could be the alternater not charging, worth checking the connections on the battery and the belt it could of snapped or is too slack.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys will check all of these! Keep the suggestions comin hopefully it will be a cheap and quick fix. (fingers crossed) :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your help folks. I think (fingers crossed) it was the small blue wire that is off the bottom of the alternator. It was an old fix that had worn and come apart. Ive temp fixed it ready for soldering and heat shrink orob at weekend!!! But hopefully sells well, test run to work tomo!!! Thanks guys T:T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts