VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an EMC converted T4, the fridge light is getting dimmer all the time although set on charge. The unti is PMSV, from plug in systems. Anyone know anything about these?
Everything is working, just not sure if the swithches are in the right places. to charge the battery correctly before we go away.
Thanks

Linda

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I am new to T4's and camping scene, but we have had a VW Beach Buggy for many years.

The above is the picture of the unit in my van. Where do I put the switches? To make sure that it is charging the leisure battery while plugged in to the garage. Sorry if this is obvious, but I have only had the van a couple of weeks.

Thanks
Linda

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
(this may help unless someone is familiar with your model and control panel)

If you know the location of your leisure battery, and you have a multimeter, measure across the terminals as you fiddle about with the panel switches when your plugged in. At some point (hopefully) your reading will go up from just above 12v to 14.5 or above. When the battery is being charged its fed that sort of amount in order to charge it. You will hopefully now know what switches do what....finger crossed.

You should see a similar result if you measure the battery and start your van up. First the main battery will read 12 'ish' at standstill, engine off, then 14.5 or so with engine on...then the leisure should also change as the charging switches from main to leisure.

A multimeter should cost under a tenner, and are useful to have, as they can tell you if your alternator is up to scratch and the state of your batteries being charged.

A couple of other things....your fridge may be gas powered too...3 way system. If thats not working Id get it checked by a Motorhome place if your not confident as gas equipment needs to be safe.

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Just seen you have a battery condition monitor on the panel. It might be worth seeing if that moves as you flick things....if its charging it should make that meter think the battery is in a better condition than it actually is, see if that moves to the right.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
The battery selector should be set to 'van' and the charger turned to on, which should light the charger switch up (red one)

When the unit is on van, The led should light up with a normal reading, turning the charger on will light up all the leds.

There is also a charger output fuse built in the panal, which may be worth checking if you still have probs.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou so much for your replies:)
When the charger switch is on, and battery selector off, led shows normal
When i switch the batt selector to van, the led goes to high.
So i think this is charging now.
I will get a multi meter asap

lindy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts