VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to purchase some range rover alloy wheels 5x120 9x19" ET53 and i am in a dilemma as to which tyre sizes would be best for ride comfort and also not costing the earth; its a t26 and i use the van for work but also for travelling to france fishing so dont want any really low profiles tyres
thanks very much in advance for your help
bopper.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
ideal size as not to mess speedo up is 255x35x19,

the ride may be hard though,whats wrong with the standard 255x55x19,

nice and comfy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the wheels im buying dont come with any tyres hence me asking what tyres i need. are the originall tyres the best way to go then

·
Registered
338 Posts
I´ve got these wheels on my van with 255/50/19 tyres, and the speedo is under by around 3mph according to sat nav. If anything the ride is more comfy than standard set up. On full lock in certain situations there is a slight rub ,I soon got used to it ,so no problem for me .

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd be interested to hear what prices tyres like that are going for as i'm in the middle of buying some rims from E-Gay.....;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my van is almost brand new and would like to avoid any rubbing at all on the tyres even on full lock so the 255 50 19 might be slightly to big will they avoid rubbing if i use spacers i want the ride to remain as comfy as poss. anyone running 245/45/19s on there van if so what is the ride like is it still comfy with 45 aspect ratio
thanks again alister

·
Registered
181 Posts
Currently running a set of range rover vogue wheels 20" 255/50/20 tyres, had to heat up arch liners to get them in but they look awsome!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
i have bmw x5 front wheels all round, 255 50 19. Nice ride, as good as standard steels for comfort, 8% off original speedo accuracy, but the biggest problem is hills, it's a 102bhp model, i change down to 4th alot more and has a noticable effect on economy.

I think 255 40 19 would be a nice comprimise but avoid run flats as they have a harsher ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is anyone running 255/40/19 s then and whats the ride like i was thinking of lowering it 30mm on eibach springs.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
I'm running 19x9 rr alloys with 255/40 19 lowered 40mm
On H&R springs,no rubbing at all and thay look good,

·
Registered
40 Posts
i,ve got t30 2-5 tiptronic which has been pendled,thought gearing was too low before remap and even more so now.been watching this thread and others with interest.I,m hoping to fit 19" alloys ,range rover or touareg but want to fit ideally 235/55 or 60 for comfort and higher gearing. no intentions to lower suspensions. are the clearance issues on width or diameter of tyres? ideally an increase of 10 -15% rolling circ would be good.dont care about speedo as it shows at least 10% out at moment. any thought or advice? especially re tyre type and size.
would probably mean buying rims alone then tyres,or i,ve seen some good deals on wheels/tyres with 255/55 19. which might be good to try.?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts