VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, ive just bought some inovit spin 18" alloys off ebay, does any one know what studs / locking wheel nuts to use on my t4. The wheels have come with some studs that were on a 2003 audi a4 will these be long enough and the right thread, any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You need to have a look first on your wheels to see what type of seat the bolt holes have,

As far as I am aware there are three types, Flat seat, Tapered seat and Radius seat.

The thread you want for the T4 is M14/1.5,

Then you need to find out the length required, I did mine by fitting the wheel to the van by using one of the original wheel bolts, Pinch it up, Then measured the depth of the thread in the hub to the base of the bolt hole seat using an old(modified) tent peg to get the depth. You might find the Audi bolts you have may not be long enough,not sure about the thread.

If I remember rightly the depth in the hub on my T4 was 27mm and I found I needed 35mm thread length bolts to fit audi alloys the same as the standard ones.

Try these guys for the bolts, They also do locking wheel bolts.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/performance-car-shop__W0QQ_armrsZ1

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that mate, I have just been to my local alloy wheel dealer and he has ordered me the correct studs and lockers, they should be here wednesday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts