VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, need some advice, we bought a 2nd hand T5 caravelle, auto 2.5 174 about 4 months ago.
Its been slipping gear for a couple of days now, then has got stuck in 5th a couple of times, and today the thing on the bottom of the dashboard display that shows which gear your in, went red and wouldnt show which gear i was in, it wouldnt even show wether i was in park, nuetral, reverse or drive, it seemed to be stuck at about 20mph, and the revs would redline if i put my foot down anymore. got stuck coming up a little hill and i had to turn off the ignition and restart the car to get enough power to get up it.
I dont expect any fix it tips but if this has happened to anyone else, what did you do, how much did it cost etc.
I could see the £££££££ mounting up as i was trying to get it home!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Doesn't sound good, hope i'm not too late in reply. Low oil can be an issue.

On another note, do you get a slight engine rev jitter around 1600rpm on light throttle?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Help Needed with Auto Gearbox slippimg

Hi Please help, i have a 98 VR6 Auto, Just started to slip changeing into 4th Gear, it has been reconed in 97, and just serviced with filters and vw atf oil.
in a panic i dont wat to spend out so hoping someone will say its 50p part to change(h ha)

dean

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Re: Help Needed with Auto Gearbox slippimg

Hi Please help, i have a 98 VR6 Auto, Just started to slip changeing into 4th Gear, it has been reconed in 97, and just serviced with filters and vw atf oil.
in a panic i dont wat to spend out so hoping someone will say its 50p part to change(h ha)

dean
There is a good place 10 miles from Cardiff that does these
if your stuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts