VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got genuine switches and genuine motors and nothing else, a mate who knows a bit has tried to help but were stuck, we wired it up as per wind welders diagram and nothing happened not a click not even a light on the switch, im using 1 relay (?), and I dont know if its the right one! can any body help please? what am i missing ? a control module ?
Ive looked everywhere on here and found nothing for VW windows only aftermarket

A diagram or any help would be massively appreciated

Ill pay too!:eek:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
ive gotta take my door cards off over the week end to fit central locking alarm etc in the door so ill have a look and see what goes where if i canT:

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
there is control module on my oem leccy windows, but i heard that all electric windows were mods fitted by individual dealers rather than the factory, so i guess their will be a fair bit of difference between different systems.

What year vehicle did they come from?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not sure of the year for the motors but my van is 2001, I know they are 97 onwards ie newer style

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
Hi,

From the sound of it you have the motors with a multi plug (multiple wires)

you could only use the wiring diagram from my kits if you were using the earlier two wire motors,

Will at tidy transporters http://www.tidytransporters.co.uk/ has a later wiring loom, (I know coz I sorted it out for him on tuesday) but I'm not sure if he intends using it on his latest van.

Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mate, my motors have only 2 wires coming out of them, :confused: im not allowed to post attachments or id put a pic or 2 up

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have found out the Vagcat codes on my motors correspond to motors from year 2000 if this helps...

do I need a "module"?
how can i test the motors to make sure they are grafting?
how do i know if ive got the right relay?
how many do i use?
which wiring diagram applies?

any help is muchly appreciated:D

·
Registered
498 Posts
there is control module on my oem leccy windows, but i heard that all electric windows were mods fitted by individual dealers rather than the factory, so i guess their will be a fair bit of difference between different systems.

What year vehicle did they come from?
My Velle ones were certainly original from the factory as theres no winder holes or blanks!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
i fitted an original kit from an earlier t4 to my 2002 van, it took me 3 months to get it working!
i've got a control module which i fitted in the passeger footwell. i think the relay is built in to this.i seen people selling them on ebay and they fit golfs ,jettas etc. there was two lives which i plugged straight into the 30amp and 15amp spare socket on the fuse board,i put inline fuses on them. another wire went to the door contact switch , i have some vw parts diagrams you can have if you want which i found useful.the control module part no is 191 959 875

·
Registered
759 Posts
if your motors have two wires on them mate
then they're pre 98 so you will need the loom
with the control box
T:T:T:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right my motors are '96 so i need a power window control module, £102+vat at VW or whip one off a 93 Passat in the scrappy £10, same item i just dont know where it is on the car to get it:*

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Right my motors are '96 so i need a power window control module, £102+vat at VW or whip one off a 93 Passat in the scrappy £10, same item i just dont know where it is on the car to get it:*
Well on my '97 passat the control module was under the carpet in the passenger footwell! (just in front of the seat). Dunno about the older models though...

·
Registered
18 Posts
If both your motors are 2 wire then its a doddle to wire up, no need for modules etc. you can basically use any after market switchgear you like where you have 2 switches in your drivers door and one switch in the pasenger door, fitted loads of these and you dont need modules unless you want one touch open closing, comfort etc. If you want to test your motors just put one wire to ground and the other to a live , it should move in one direction and reverse the polarity to go in the other direction.
One thing to remember aswell is if you have two wire motors you need to use switches that are high current ie they dont go with a module or you will blow the switches up... so becareful when using switches from a passat etc as these i would say are not high current as the passat has comfort etc and are designed to just send low current pulses to a module not handle the current of a motor.
Also the t4 fusebox has some pretty meaty power terminals so not really any need for a relay either, and your window supply wants to be fused at about 30amp.

hope this helps mate :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
found this on the net, this is the diagram you want to follow if you are sure you have 2 wire motors, it shows a relay on the supply this is just to switch the supply via the ignition however there is supplys man enough there allready but if your not sure then use the relay as shown.
have fun T:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well there in lies the rub! we wired them as above and they didnt work mind you it was through a relay bought from halfords wich was open and selotaped together again!

I have 2OO1 type switches are they good enough? they are brand new i just bought them

My motors have 1 black 1 red wire coming out of them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts