VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm starting to get a problem where everything I do with do with my van has to be perfect:eek:. If I carry out a job on my van and it isn't quite right ie a crease in the headlining I just fitted it has to be ripped out and started all over again.. Same goes with everything I do with my T4.
I'm considering joining a meeting for perfectionists anonymous or am I in the right place already? Anyone else strive for perfection and just can't live with it if they don't achieve it? It's a dark, deep place all alone:D.. My Mrs has no sympathy.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
U are a kind man David

@ Dubplate; Being a man seeing only joy in details may very well kill the joy of working on your own projects if conditions are as bad as U state.
I too certainly want the best out of things & I am a devil as far as details go but there is a certain limit to all.
Golden Middelway I believe it may be called:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No! Thats the beauty with a rat van. Bosh it in, then use it till it breaks.
U are a kind man David

@ Dubplate; Being a man seeing only joy in details may very well kill the joy of working on your own projects if conditions are as bad as U state.
I too certainly want the best out of things & I am a devil as far as details go but there is a certain limit to all.
Golden Middelway I believe it may be called:)
Jefe, things aren't really that bad;) Not sure if things may have got lost in translation if English isn't your first language (apologies if it is?) I have a habit of messing little jobs up on my van and would love to be able to get them right first time, it'd save me a bit of money I'm sure! I'd like to try and do as many jobs as I can without paying a professional as you get a lot of satisfaction from it. Was just wondering if anyone else messed it up as much as me lol.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I think I'm starting to get a problem where everything I do with do with my van has to be perfect:eek:. If I carry out a job on my van and it isn't quite right ie a crease in the headlining I just fitted it has to be ripped out and started all over again.. Same goes with everything I do with my T4.
I'm considering joining a meeting for perfectionists anonymous or am I in the right place already? Anyone else strive for perfection and just can't live with it if they don't achieve it? It's a dark, deep place all alone:D.. My Mrs has no sympathy.
you need to see someone about that OCD fella... LOL:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I think I'm starting to get a problem where everything I do with do with my van has to be perfect
Yep, makes sense to me. Made some brackets to fit my seats. Work perfectly, but I have thought of a neater design I:

Scary isn't it :eek::eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts