VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
THis happened to me on my 2.0 petrol. 5th went awol after an intial panic it tured out to be a broken gear leaver bush.
:)

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Ball and socket on top of the gearbox on the "T" end of the selector rod,the socket has split in two and fallen appart.Cost about £7 from VW but not easy to replace unless you have done it 100 times or more and have the knack

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just checked and it does seem to be a ball and socket on the engine end of linkage has come out
please excuse my ignorance on these matters have always had new cars and all work has been
done on warranty. got myself a t4 last year and am on a steep learning curve with lots of help
from this forum

·
Registered
223 Posts
Had the same problem on my last vehicle (VW Sharan) not sure if it works on a T4 but my temporary repair of 2 x cable ties looped around and loosely holding on cap worked perfectly for 30,000 miles!
Andrew
03 T4 888spl

·
MASTER OF REPAIRS
295 Posts
My t4 did the same, got the ball end and seals etc from German & Swedish autos cost me £15 to replace the lot, was a real pain ended up using a vice and brute force to pop the new seal balls on place.
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts