VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps, well gary is as you read this being towed home as the oil pump has gone on our T5 :(
We need help as we have only been down in hallworthy cornwall for a few months and we need to know of a good garage to take the van too to be fixed and it needs to be done by this sat at latest as gary needs it for work,
Can anyone help thanks Tanya :*

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that ben it is coming home on the back of a lorry so it will need to be picked up by a garage as it's not drivable do you know if they could pick it up? Tanya

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I imagine your biggest problem is getting it picked up. I doubt Steve (Aggie) could collect it and most smaller garages don't have a recovery truck.
I have a mate in Pipers Pool who is a mechanic at the Peugeot dealers in Launceston who really knows his stuff (did Soanseys engine work) and could do it but it's wether he has the time and if you could get it to him, only just down the road from you. I'll ask him tomorrow for you.
What about the small garage in Hallworthy, if it's still there, next to the pub. I've no idea what their works like though.
Failing that somewhere in Launceston must be able to do it, I'll get back to you tomorrow T:.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers, we have a recovery truck coming to get it today hopefully and carrs volkswagen will sort it out this week :*
If not we'll be putting up a thread on where to hire a car down here LOL:

·
Banned
293 Posts
There is a garage at Red Post, just outside Bude. It was called Davcar when I bought a T4 there about 5 yrs ago. It's still there as I popped in a couple of weeks ago. They mainly work on VW's, T4s & T5s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.