VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
previously known as: baggit
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to fit the Multi function steering wheel on my GP, know how to do it thanks to previosu thresds and another great helpful forum Memeber T:

my question is, and i cannot seem to find it on google search, i have bought the loom, my van is started life as a basic 104 and now has cruise etc, can i i activiate other dash function like MPG etc in coding or will i need to buy more looms, sensors etc?

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Id just try the coding the fuel computer is allready in the dash, have you previously upgraded the onboard power supply control unit for the cruise?

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, ill give that a go, im not even sure of all the functions you can have on the Dash to be honest. Do you mean the body control Module?

all that has been upgraded as far as im aware is the stalk and a loom, beleieve the lood was a LHD one so a seperate cable had to be installed round the front of the vehicle for power then into the SCU and BCM from memory, would that make sense?

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I won't be, a very kind forum member has offered, I have a link to the thread that shows you what to tick for mfsw but is there more that needs to be done? Unless you do mobile coding do you? I'd be interested in a cost to co slider instead of me just rinsing ou for information lol

Having said that you are in Leeds so maybe too far lol

·
Registered
436 Posts
There will be a option for multi fuction and then a option for with trip and then into dash panel id say and check the coding options out in there just have a pen and paper so you can write down the long code and then write down whatever you change.
I could if your really stuck with it check the coding in my van as i have both options.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You need three 000979009 repair wires to go from your slipring plug to the instruments plug to get DIS (trip functions) then activate it with VCDS in 17-instruments.
However to access it you'll need a working MFSW or wiper stalk with the rocker buttons on the end.

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There will be a option for multi fuction and then a option for with trip and then into dash panel id say and check the coding options out in there just have a pen and paper so you can write down the long code and then write down whatever you change.
I could if your really stuck with it check the coding in my van as i have both options.
That sounds like it will be a pain mate, if I get really stuck ill let you know thank you T:

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You need three 000979009 repair wires to go from your slipring plug to the instruments plug to get DIS (trip functions) then activate it with VCDS in 17-instruments.
However to access it you'll need a working MFSW or wiper stalk with the rocker buttons on the end.
I have 2 repair wires already to fit when I do the wheel, is there more then? Any idea of what pins etc?

Cheers

·
Registered
896 Posts
here mate:

There are three missing wires for the MFD that go from the
F138 - Airbag coil connector and return ring with slip ring (grey multiplug for stalks, ect ect)
to
J285 - Control unit in dash panel (speedo)

Stalk------------------- Speedo

PIN 24 goes to pin 21 (MFA+)
Pin 23 goes to Pin 22 (MFA-)
Pin 18 Goes to Pin 23 (MFA-R)

If fitting a MFSW (Multi Function Steering Wheel) also add

5amp live to pin 9 at the stalk
pin 10 goes to pin 17 (lin bus, white 73 pin connector onboard supply control unit)

Then you need to go into the instrument cluster with VCDS and enable Multi function display (I think its called that :) )

****PLEASE DOULBLE CHECK THE PIN NUMBERS IN THE BIG GREY MULTIPLUG FOR THE STALKS******
There are spaces or blanks which look like holes for the pins and make you misread where the wires need to go..... so take care

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here mate:

F138 - Airbag coil connector and return ring with slip ring (grey multiplug for stalks, ect ect)
to

pin 10 goes to pin 17 (lin bus, white 73 pin connector onboard supply control unit)

Then you need to go into the instrument cluster with VCDS and enable Multi function display (I think its called that :) )

****PLEASE DOULBLE CHECK THE PIN NUMBERS IN THE BIG GREY MULTIPLUG FOR THE STALKS******
There are spaces or blanks which look like holes for the pins and make you misread where the wires need to go..... so take care
Excellent thank you, wish I'd have thought about this sooner as was going to fit the wheel at the weekend and won't be able to get the repair wires in time now I don't think T:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just got back from Hazzydays today getting mine sorted after attempting it myself. According to all the instructions I read pin 17 should be a violet/ white wire, only on mine it's not. I also managed to knacker my clock spring to. Put some tape over it to make sure it doesn't move position.T:

It's all good now though, radio vol up and down, track skip back n forward, phone answer. DSG paddles and MFD all controlled off the wheel H:

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here mate:

to

Just got back from Hazzydays today getting mine sorted after attempting it myself. According to all the instructions I read pin 17 should be a violet/ white wire, only on mine it's not. I also managed to knacker my clock spring to. Put some tape over it to make sure it doesn't move position.T:

It's all good now though, radio vol up and down, track skip back n forward, phone answer. DSG paddles and MFD all controlled off the wheel H:

Cheers for the info, hope that doesn't happen to me :eek: ill be very careful trust me, yeah I have heard about taping the slip ring.

Glad you've got it sorted

1 - 13 of 13 Posts