VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Matt here i have recently bought this 2001 2.5tdi t4 van from a well known auction site!!!! and am not sure exactly what it is, the advert says that it has a rare wv2 vin number and is a kombi caravelle although it doesnt have the caravelle window vents and has more windows than a kombi! It does have windows all of the way around which are slightly tinted and a roof vent, factory fitted rear heater blower, double sliding doors and a tail gate with high level brake light. It has previously been used as a minibus and has two single seats in the rear as the floor is totally factory fitted (although the seller has sold some of them) I am picking this up tomorrow so will post some pics but had a nightmare insuring it as it doesnt come up on any of the number plate recognition tools for insurance search engines! I believe it may be a multivan and therefore available to insure as a car? I would appreciate any help in recognition of this van, thanks very much Matt.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Welcome along Matt, it does sound a bit like a Multivan to me, be good to get some pics up once you have it so people can tell you for sure. T:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
If it is a multivan you'll probably know by the rather large dent in your wallet....unless the seller didn't appreciate what he had?? I: Fingers crossed it is a multivan and you've grabbed a bargain :gl

You could always throw up the auction listing number so people could see?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi and welcome!
Have you checked your registration documents? If not give VW a call (customer service are very friendly) and if you give them your registattion, they will tell you x Hope this helps x Vicki. T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts