VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I am new to this forum ,And I was wondering if anyone could help me to find out what model the wheels are on page 16 of team green B6POBS VW T4, As I would like to fit some to my van I have searched in vain and cannot find them anywhere cheers :*:*:*Stu

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Hi Stevo, i'm currently running Mercedes AMG 1 wheels on my T4. They are 8.5x18 ET 44 front and 9.5x18 ET 46 rear with 225/45/18 tyres which give rim protection on the front but provide a slight stretch on the rear to clear the arch. My arches are untouched and I've had no rubbing issues. My van is lowered roughly 90mm on T4srus 80mm drop springs plus their lowering spring plates. I fitted the correct spiggot rings and bought longer bolts to provide atleast 6 full turns when bolting the wheels on.

My dad is running AMG 2's which are 8x18 ET 33 with 225/45/18 tyres on his lowered 70mm T4, when loaded up his does catch slightly on the rear due to the lower ET. He also had to use longer bolts + spiggots but had to drill his bolt holes out with a 14mm drill bit.

So, the wheels will fit but you need to know the ET(offset) which will give you an idea if they will catch.

Hope this helps.
found this on one of his posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts