VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2011 T5 T32. My front wipers have stopped working today and I'm after a few pointers please.

Firstly.... Can anyone tell me which fuse to check? (if it's relevant - my washers are still working).

It's probably worth mentioning I've been tinkering today... I fitted some genuine VW DRL's - no dramas. I've also had the passenger seat out (i'm sure I plugged it back OK?). Finally I replaced the cigarette lighter socket (and also discovered the fuse was blown). Not sure if any of these are relevant - perhaps I've done something during the process that's effected the wipers. :eek:

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update - I've checked every fuse and they are still not working.

Any suggestions?

Could I have unplugged something? If so what/where?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's really useful info - cheers.

A quick dumb question... How do I check the bonnet switch? I've located it near the bonnet release - but what should I do to check it's working?

Also - I think I can hear a click when I flip the wipers onto full. Does this suggest the relay?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Really hope its not the relay that's is built into BCM - expensive.

Search the forum using 'Google' typical search is:-
'
VWT4forum - T5 wiper+ problem

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really strange.... I spent a good half hour yesterday applying Rain-x to my windscreen, got in the van this morning and they are now working!? Really weird? I knew Rain-x was good, but thats impressive! :D

I'm hoping they carry on working because £450!!! Oooooo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts