VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Really looking for some help/advice I have a 2006 T5 1.9 had it for a few years now looked after it really well but the last few months been having problems, the van suddenly went into limp mode turned the van off back on again and it was fine as time went on it got worse I got black smoke from the exhaust 🙄 then I had a blowing of air when ever I accelerated.
So I researched all over the internet and everyone says numerous different things, so far I have changed the N75 valve and all the vacuum pipes still doing same thing, I have changed all 4 pipes that link the inter cooler to the turbo (this then stopped the air noise on acceleration) but still have massive loss of power and black smoke 🤷‍♂️
I did notice that the vacuum reservoir is broke so the pipe doesn’t stay in will that have much effect? ( I have ordered a new one just in case)
Also I read about the EGR but mine doesn’t look like any of the ones I find pictures of on the internet can anyone help here are some pictures.

Really appreciate any help and pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks
Jay 🤟
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

First image is the Vacuum reservoir that is broke.

Light Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering wheel Gauge

This is the EGR valve but it isn’t the same as any others online, here is an example new one that has a part on the front that a vacuum hose goes into 🤷‍♂️
Camera accessory Gas Nickel Automotive wheel system Automotive super charger part

·
Registered
583 Posts
If the vac res is leaking then the n75 won't have enough vacuum to operate as its all getting lost, stick a bolt or something in the pipe to the res as a temp measure

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the vac res is leaking then the n75 won't have enough vacuum to operate as its all getting lost, stick a bolt or something in the pipe to the res as a temp measure

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip will try that out until the new part comes. 👍🏻
Don’t suppose you have any idea why my EGR is different 🤷‍♂️
thanks

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,892 Posts
Your EGR is a strange one. As you say it's different from the standard EGR for your year. I've never seen one with that nut on it on a VW. It should look like the ebay one in your pic. The silver part is the diaphragm for the EGR and needs a vacuum supply from a small EGR control valve (similar to an N75) to work. The black plastic chamber (at 11 o'clock in the yellow circle) is the changeover valve/manifold flap which closes when you switch off, that has the correct supply but I can't see a vacuum supply for the EGR where it should be at all! :unsure: I would take it off and check that the EGR isn't stuck open.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Has someone just bodged a bolt in the top of the EGR to hold it circumvent the diaphragm or something in an attempt to bypass it? It doesn't look very OEM to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts