VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P reg' 1.9TD .....

Just done 60 odd miles with the oil light flashing red and the battery light full on red. Both came on together.

Engine still pulls like a train and the water temp' is as per usual.

Battery is definitely not being charged [parked up now it does not have enough in it to turn the starter] yet the belt and alternator look just fine.

Oil level is spot on correct.

Not seen an oil light flashing before .... suggestions? Have got a 150 mile journey home from Newquay to Bristol to make Sunday!

Gary

·
aka, funkydung
104 Posts
These lights came on when my alternator belt came off, but water temp went up due to belt coming off and not turning water pump. I would say there is somthing wrong with your alternator, you can get these serviced.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Alternator rectifier/diode pack - these can be changed or replace whole thing with an exchange unit. Had mine looked at in Melbourne and on start up unless you rev briefly the oil light and buzzer come on for a few seconds - been like it now for 40, 000 miles so putting up with it.
www.sastt.blogspot.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys .... Got back to Bristol after charging the battery overnight in Newquay. Will now investigate in detail ....

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Check the wiring at the back of the alternator, its indicitive of a broken wire to the w plug at the back, follow it through the trunking it comes out near the gearbox, sometimes it can be broken/ or chafed inside the trunkingT: Or as the last poster said Rectifier;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All now sorted .... 'Twas the alternator that had failed. Bushes etc fine but the internal copper winding had unravelled in two places! Replaced/exchanged via GSF and all now fine and dandy. ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts