VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right from the beginning I have 02 2.5 (88) always pulled like a train had recent new turbo then was stood for 4 weeks while bodywork was sorted resprayed etc when collected drove along a303 didn't feel right like it was holding back then noticed if I hit 2500 revs power just drops so replaced air flow sensor (Bosch)
Made no difference whatsoever then Tuesday night last straw driving m5 uphill bloody great artic flew past
Also when ignition turned off then on again all seems ok until I hit 2500 again
Someone please help

·
Literally, white van man
4,072 Posts
:) Vagcom is your friend here, Assuming the MAF is still good (it should be) it could be one of several things, MAP sensor, N75 and N18 (I think) air leak from pipes? These were probably disturbed when the turbo was changed.
If it resets with the ignition then a code should register in the ECU as to what the fault is (indicating where to look hopefully)

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the wiring loom to the MAP sensor, Jez (ZMOK) on here eventually found it for me after I had changed the MAF sensor and the MAP sensor, he's based round Bristol.

let us know how you get on and good luck T:

Chris

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Chris for your help I took van today to autohaus ( a care leisure ) I do there gas safety checks on there conversions excellent place you should all check out there're stuff by the way asked them to plug in to there diagnostics maf sensor was holding a fault so wiped all faults and all seems ok although not really had chance to push bus yet so fingers crossed

·
Literally, white van man
4,072 Posts
Well tried again today and stool the same
'Probably' not the MAF sensor then, See if you can get the codes read again to see if a new one has been thrown up and stored.

Try the MAP sensor when you get it, unlikely to be this as it would have shown up as a code, check all your pipe connections to the turbo and sensors, make sure the air filter is not blocked, and all turbo pipes are on and tight.
Do you have a CAT fitted, it 'Could' be blocked, It 'Could' be a broken wire 'somewhere' in the loom, if it is, good luck finding it.

Let us know how you get on T:

Chris

·
Registered
867 Posts
clogged fuel filter is also another cause as well as the above.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I had exactly the same symptoms as you on my 2.5 102 a couple of years ago. It turned out to be the vacuum pipe coming off the intercooler on mine had split. I know you dont have an intercooler but worth checking pipes just incase. Hope you get it sorted mate.*<:)>

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok tried map sensor ( cheers Chris ) no difference but while checking hoses found what must be 8 mm hose from what I think is the waste gate was perished so cut off bad bit just about made it stretch to reattach then hey presto no more passing vivaros or trans
Having fuel filter changed tomorrow and new hose fitted so alls well
Thanks to all for the help and advice hope I can return favour sometime

·
Literally, white van man
4,072 Posts
Glad you got it sorted, nice when it is a cheap fix.

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts