VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am not new on this forum but I never posted anything so I didn't have had the chance to say hello so I will take this opportunity to do it.
I am a owner of a 1.9, 56 plate diesel. Since I have bought the car(second owner, 160.000 miles) I had a few problems whit her.
In 2010(starting to lose coolant) I took it to vw dealer to have a look at her. While they striped the head off they noticed worn turbo propellers and advised me to change it(which I did), they have changed the turbo and the head gasket and put it back together(everything done for about 2800 pounds). After about 3000 Km the problem reappeared so I took it back and they have fixed it for free(nothing big just some sort of gasket somewhere at the back of the engine). Not long ago at about 250.000 miles I had the gearbox changed. All god till it started to lose coolant again, so I took it to a mechanic which striped the engine bare to find out a crack in the piston compartment. He recommend me to have the cylinder rebored and sleeved(all done at great expenses), anyway he put everything back together but it wont start. After half a day trying to fix it he managed to get her running but since then I have the following problems:

At cold start it was struggling to start and a big thick cloud of white smoke was coming out of the exhaust( problem solved by changing the engine coolant temperature sensor)
At this moment she still struggle to start. Changed the glow plugs, maf sensor, fuel filter but still the same. I ended up breaking to bits the starter motor for how many times I tried starting it. S changed starter motor and battery.
Another problem is that is building very big pressure(not vacuum) in the fuel tank and I think this is the cause of not starting. How can diagnose where the pressure is building up from?
I have tried to explain at my best knowledge so if any of you had similar problems please help.
I am also looking for somebody whit a VCDS in Luton or nearby.

Thank you

·
Registered
61 Posts
This sounds like the same problem I am having I to have a 1.9 2006 money pit. I have had the head done twice and have a similar problem starting it is in the garage again and they have found the timing is out and they said the cable to the injectors needs replacing as it has been in and out so much also the seals may be leaking so replacing them as well I will let u know how it turns out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes it has and I thought the breather pipe by the filler cap was suppose to stop that from happening maybe it is blocked?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts