VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a T4 AAB engined 2.4 caravelle. It doesn't start apart form the one time I managed to get the fuel cut off solenoid to let some diesel through care of the judicious use of a heat gun around the pump.

It kept starting whilst it was warm but then one cold night later we are back to not starting and this time the hot air gun cannot coax life back into the fuel cut off valve.
So Here is the question? Can the fuel cut off valve be replaced on the fuel injector pump on the AAB engine ( Bosch unit I think)
As far as I can work out there is no obvious way of getting the cap off and I hear worrying comments like immobi:*liser which has to be matched to your keys which sounds like the whole pump becomes defective as a result of one little solenoid sticking a bit.
Does anyone have any clever ways around the problem?:*

·
Registered
399 Posts
there is a tread on here somewhere about removing the immobiliser from the back of the pump to access the solinoid it involves a bit of wood and a big hammer to remove immobiliser:eek: and then put a 12 volt feed to the solinoid.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes thanks I saw that post but hitting a bit I don't yet fully understand with a lump of wood makes me nervous so I'm hoping to confirm a few details beforwe I resort to this action. I'm not against trying it just dont want to break the injector pump which works fine when the fuel can get to it.:eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tried the remove immobiliser solution and managed to get 12 v onto the solenoid. however car still wont start.
i can here the solenoid click now though so thats sort of progress
what else could it be cos it was running just fine when started

1 - 4 of 4 Posts